Requirements & Technology
What do you need to run OpenEMM?
To run OpenEMM you need nothing special and
– of course – only open source software!
Technology of OpenEMM:
- OpenEMM offers all the features you would expect from a state-of-the-art e-mail marketing software
- OpenEMM is available for Windows and Linux
- OpenEMM relies on a proven open source software stack
- OpenEMM can be operated on a cheap Linux server
- OpenEMM is based on a proven commercial software product, used to send out billions of e-mails/year
General requirements for the server you want to use for OpenEMM:
- minimum of 1 GByte RAM, 2 GByte is recommended
- shell access (via SSH) with root user rights
- fix IP address
- no need of a dedicated server – virtual server (e.g. VMware) is okay
OpenEMM runs on top of a well proven open source software stack:
Linux, MySQL, Sendmail, Python, Java and Tomcat.
- first choice: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x or higher or compatible (like CentOS 5)
- second choice: Ubuntu 10 or higher
- third choice: all other Linux distributions like Fedora Core 5, Novell Suse 9.x or Open Suse 10.x or higher
- fourth choice (due to lower platform reliability): Windows
- Sun JDK 8
- Tomcat 8
- MySQL 4.1.18 or higher (we have not used older versions)
- Sendmail 8.13 or higher (not required for Windows version of OpenEMM)
- Python 2.4.x or higher
If you get OpenEMM running on platforms not mentioned here, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “OpenEMM requirements”) so that we can update this page with your knowhow.
- Java is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- MySQL is a registered trademark of MySQL AB.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
All other product names mentioned herein and throughout the entire web site are trademarks of their respective owners.