OpenEMM: Email marketing at no chargeFree Open Source Software for Email Marketing
The waiting has almost come to an end. The new OpenEMM version is about to be available (source code from May 2019). The OpenEMM is the open source version of the award-winning E-Marketing Manager (EMM). The OpenEMM is suitable for everyone who wants to do professional email marketing, but for whom a reduced range of functions is sufficient. And for those who have the necessary know-how for installation and administration. As self-hosted software, the OpenEMM meets the criteria of an in-house software and is not associated with any costs.
Legally Safe Shipping
The best Open Source Software for Email Marketing. . .
Open Source Software for Email & Marketing AutomationWorld's most successful email marketing software
The OpenEMM is a professional, web-based open source software for email marketing and marketing automation. With the OpenEMM you can create and send newsletters and service e-mails (e.g. transactional e-mails and action- or date-driven e-mails).
In a nutshell: The OpenEMM is a tool for customer relationship management via e-mail. Of course, you can also use it to control and organize your lead management.
OpenEMM Functional ScopeThe most important functions at a glance
- Campaign manager
- GDPR compliant
- Responsive and self-explanatory user interface
- Numerous new key figures and diagrams, e.g. device statistics, reactions over time and much more
- Prefabricated responsive templates and forms (available for download)
- Campaign calendar with reminder and comment function
- Automated profile enrichment with the latest reactions and a recipient status history
- Extensive search functions and filter options
- Selection of the maximum sending quantity
The OpenEMM offers more features than some commercial solutions… A full overview of all features can be found here:
- Template-based mailing creation
- Automatic Bounce Management
- Many graphical real-time statistics, e.g. for opener and click tracking
- Self-defined and behavior-based target groups
- Web Forms for User Self-Service
- Individually definable database columns for profile characteristics
- Multiqueue Mail Backend for maximum sending performance
- Extensive package of web services (for single updates)
- Plugin interface to easily extend basic features
- Script actions, to supplement self-created, triggerable actions
- Revision-proof User Activity Log
The new OpenEMM
You want to test the OpenEMM before installing it? Then sign up now for the beta version that will be released in a few days.
Reasons to rely on OpenEMM
There are a lot of reasons why you should choose OpenEMM as your software for sending, creating and evaluating e-mailings, newsletters and transactional emails. See for yourself:
The OpenEMM is in contrast to Outlook & Co. a professional software for sending and analyzing mass mails.
The OpenEMM sends not only newsletter, but also date-controlled e-mails and action-controlled service e-mails.
With the Open EMM it is possible to implement complex campaigns as well as automating those.
OpenEMM is a permanently free open source solution.
The OpenEMM has been downloaded more than 620,000 times.
OpenEMM users have access to Commercial Services from the original developers of the software.
With the EMM as “big brother” there is an easy way to upgrade to even more functionality.
The tool offers a responsive, web-based, responsive user interface based on the EMM.
Available in mulitple languages: Available in many languages: German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish
OpenEMM offers professional features for individual target group control.
The solution includes Realtime statistics for fast evaluation.
It has template functionality to manage HTML templates and recurring content.
Easy operation via Wizards for imports, mailing creation and exports.
The software has no limit for the number of recipients, mailing lists and dispatch.
The OpenEMM offers numerous interfaces to third party systems (HTTP request endpoints, web services, import/export)..
The solution is very well documented (installation and admin guide, user manual, context sensitive online help).
Free support available via FAQs, forum, manual, online help and tutorials.
The OpenEMM is individualizable with the help of plugins (GUI individualization via CSS).
The OpenEMM includes all of the features you would expect from a state-of-the-art email marketing software.
The software is available for Windows and Linux..
The tool is based on a highly proven open source software package.
The OpenEMM can be runon a cheap Linux server .
The code is based on an award winning commercial product that sends billions of emails annually.
References and opinions
In the area of e-mail marketing, sending of newsletters and transaction mailing, OpenEMM is extremely comprehensive software with a very clear user interface.
… I know you get a lot of compliments for OpenEMM but I must say that your level of support for this free product is better than a lot of paid products support…
Linde AG depends on the Open Source solution. Webbite Media implemented OpenEMM in multiple languages and with country-specific templates for this internationally-operating concern with over 47,000 employees.
About the OpenEMM
The OpenEMM is the first open source application for professional email marketing. The code base has been developed since 1999 and is used in the commercial version by companies such as Conrad Electronic, DEVK, e.on, Freenet and Otto Group companies.
A completely new OpenEMM version has been available since 2019. This version is at the same development stage as the commercial software E-Marketing Manager. If you upgrade to E-Marketing Manager, only the functionality changes for you, but not the user interface. This makes the transition very smooth and easy.
Die Software bietet bereits jetzt mehr als 90% der Funktionalität, die eine Vielzahl der kommerziellen Produkte enthalten. Einige OpenEMM-Features bieten selbst die meisten kommerziellen Produkte aktuell nicht an, zum Beispiel MySQL-Support und eine Plugin-Schnittstelle.
The main difference to the EMM, which which is charged with varying costs, is that the OpenEMM is a simple single server solution. Whereas the EMM offers a larger range of functions with several channels and is operated on several servers for better performance. In the Software as a Service (SaaS) version of the EMM, in addition to an extended range of functions, you also benefit from the CSA Whitelisting.
On our website you will find some categories with free service and support, for example FAQs, OpenEMM Forum and the Download Center for the OpenEMM. The content is continuously updated with feedback from the OpenEMM community.
Requirements & TechnologyWhat is required for using the OpenEMM?
For the operation of the OpenEMM you do not need any special additional components – and of course only Open Source Software.
- OpenEMM offers all features you’d expect from professional email marketing software
- OpenEMM can be operated under Windows and Linux
- OpenEMM is based on a field-proven Open Source Software Stack.
- OpenEMM can be run on a simple Linux server
- OpenEMM is based on a trusted commercial software product, the E-Marketing Manager, that is designed to send trillions of emails per year.
General requirements for your OpenEMM server:
- at least 1 GByte RAM, 2 GByte recommended
- Shell access (via SSH) with root user rights
- fixed IP address
- no need for a dedicated server – a virtual server (e.g. VMware) is sufficient
- first choice: RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.x or higher or compatible (like CentOS 6)
- second choice: Ubuntu 10 or higher or Open Suse 10.x or higher
- third choice: (due to lower reliability): Windows
- Sun Java SE JDK 8
- Apache Tomcat 7 or 8
- MySQL 4.1.18 or higher (we haven’t used any older versions yet)
- Sendmail 8.9 or higher or Postfix 2.6 or higher (not required for the Windows-Versions of the OpenEMM)
- Python 2.4.x or higher (not 3.x!)
If you use other platforms to run OpenEMM that are not mentioned here, please email us at email@example.com with the subject “OpenEMM Requirements”. This will allow us to update the information on this page with your assistance.
- Java is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- MySQL is a registered trademark of MySQL AB.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
All other product names mentioned here or elsewhere on the Site are trademarks of their respective owners.
Are you in need of assistance?we offer plenty of commerical services to help you
If you can’t get your problem solvedd by using the free help offers or have no resources left for it, we will be happy to support you with the following fee-based service offers.
The Support Service offers you assistance with installation, configuration and operation of the OpenEMM. For ordering the support service and questions about OpenEMM, simply fill out our contact form. Please understand that we cannot offer unpaid support for OpenEMM.
We charge 150 €/hour (via PayPal) for the workload. Of course, you will receive an offer for the requested service in advance.
Would you like to concentrate on the marketing aspects of email marketing from the very beginning? Then leave the installation and configuration of OpenEMM on your hardware to us.
- Setting up the OpenEMM on hardware provided and prepared by the customer
- Set-up of a MySQL scheme on customer-supplied and prepared database
Necessary customer requirements for setup service:
- Red Hat Linux based system –
- Free solution: Red Hat Fedora 5 Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol
- Valid IP address and access to Domain Name Services (DNS)
If you wish, we can also procure the necessary hardware for you and prepare it accordingly (not included in the setup service; quotation will be prepared on request).
Costs: 750 € net
If you require assistance in operating the OpenEMM, you can instruct a user training course. The costs depend on the amount of training required and will be agreed with you. In case of an on-site training, travel and accommodation costs may be incurred.
Of course, you will receive an offer for the requested service in advance.
If you don’t want to run the OpenEMM yourself, simply use our slimmed-down SaaS variant “eMM-Xpress”. The operation of the hardware and all related aspects are omitted for you. You operate the software with your web browser.By the way, by using the eMM-Xpress you will haven even more features and a responsible UI on top…
The configured hardware is provided in a professional data center, including database, administration and unlimited shipping volume.
- Full Package Basic: 99 € per month (up to max.50,000 profiles / minimum duration: 6 months)
- Full Package Standard: 149 € per month (up to max. 200,000 profiles / minimum duration: 12 months)
Optional Support Package:
Our experts are available for all technical questions for a fee of 49 € a month (minimum duration: 6 months)
The service provider for eMM-Xpress is our subsidiary e-Xpress-mailer GmbH. Details can be found here.
All aforementioned prices are exclusive of the statutory value added tax. We are bound to our offer for 30 days. Errors in prices reserved. Our general terms and conditions apply. .
If you want to use the full scope of the E-Marketing Manager EMM SaaS or EMM Inhouse, then we recommend an upgrade to the EMM SaaS or EMM Inhouse. You’ll benefit from additional components such as campaign manager, multi-client capability, cross-media (WhatsApp, Web Push, Facebook Messenger, SMS, fax, print), personalized PDFs, shop measurement, extensive statistics and much more. The E-Marketing Manager supports multi-server operation for scalability of the mailing performance.
Contact us for details or check the website for the various upgrade options..
Roadmap OpenEMMForecast for future developments (as of 25 March 2019)
OpenEMM is the leading open source software for email marketing. However, the development of the OpenEMM will never be complete because we want the OpenEMM to become the leading email marketing software in general – not only in the area of Open Source.
Here you can see what we have planned for the next release of the OpenEMM – your input is always welcome! (Contact us by email or use our forum).
This is now available with the release: OpenEMM 2019
The current version of the OpenEMM is a fork of the commercial version EMM, which has been continuously developed since 2015.
The following new features are included:
- Modern, completely revised user interface
- Dashboard with calender for planning campaigns
- Graphical based campaign manager for multi-level campaigns
- many new statistical evaluations
- A lot of features asuring the GDPR conformity
- Greatly enhanced import and export functions
- New Webservice-Methods
Beta Release: March 2019
GA Release: May 2019
This is the current release: OpenEMM 2015 R3
Support of Postfix as an alternative to Sendmail
all known bugs fixed
GA Release: released
Letztes Release: OpenEMM 2015 R2
- Auto-Import/-Export now also supports FTP-Connections
- Online-Help updated to the functional scope of the OpenEMM 2015
- OpenEMM can be compiled with Tomcat 8
- All known bugs got fixed
GA Release: released
Version Leap Release: OpenEMM 2015
- New target groups based on the values “received mailing”, “opened mailing” or “clicked”.
- Time-controlled automatic import and export
- FCK Editor is replaced by CK Editor
- Bulk download for graphical components of a mailing
- HTML mailing preview with optional image suppression
- Double-Opt-in Actions with the possibility to generate multiple-Opt-ins
- New Web Services for Bulk Operations
- Multiple options for User Self Service
- Enhanced User Activity Log for better monitoring
- Information about previous failed logins
- Configurable start of mailing production time
- Several usability improvements
- Minor improvements like better basic settings, better sorting, improved output formats, more error messages, improved online update, etc. (see CHANGELOG for more details)
- Code and libraries made compatible with Java 8 and Tomcat 7 or 8
GA Release: released
Of course we can’t guarantee that we’ll keep all the times, but we’ll inform you about updates as soon as possible.
We appreciate your feedback on the roadmap or your suggestions for new features and partnerships to further the development of the OpenEMM: firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenEMM NewsletterSign up for the latest news
If you would like to receive all official OpenEMM news directly in your e-mail inbox, simply subscribe to the official OpenEMM newsletter. This will keep you informed about the latest developments on a regular basis – without you having to check here regularly.
We would appreciate it if you could tell us a few details about yourself. However, only the e-mail address is mandatory. When you are done, simply click on the “Subscribe now” button.
We assure you that we will only use your personal data to send you the OpenEMM Newsletter!
|E-Mail Type:||Text HTML|
Interested in even more news?? Check out our Twitter account !
If you would like to receive insider information about the OpenEMM that goes even beyond the official new releases, just click here: