What is OpenEMM?
Open Source Software for e-mail & marketing automation
OpenEMM is an Open Source web-based enterprise application for e-mail and marketing automation.
The tool enables you to create and send e-mail newsletter and service e-mails (like transaction e-mails and event or date triggered e-mails). Furthermore you can of course control and organize your lead management.
To summarize it: OpenEMM is a tool for customer relationship management by e-mail.
OpenEMM offers tons of features for professional users. Among them are:
- great user interface
- template-based HTML mailings
- automatic bounce management
- mail opening and link tracking
- lots of graphical real-time statistics
- content management system
- self-defined and behavior-based target groups
- multiqueue mail backend for maximum sending performance
- time-driven automated data import and export
- extensive set of web services
- plugin interface to easily extend the core functionality
- scripting feature to enhance the functionality of OpenEMM with triggerable customized actions
- audit-proof user activity log
OpenEMM is the first open source application for e-mail marketing. Its code base has been developed since 1999 and is used – as part of the commercial software product E-Marketing Manager (EMM) – by companies like Baur, Conrad Electronic, IBM, mydays and Tomorrow Focus.
The software offers already more than 95% of the functionality of most commercial products and some features most commercial products do not offer right now (for example MySQL support and plugin interface).
The main difference to its commercial brother is, that OpenEMM is an easy to set up single-server solution. While EMM provides a richer feature set and operates distributed on several servers for a better performance. With the software as a service (SaaS) solution you also benefit from the CSA Whitelisting.
To provide you with free service & support are operated on this website such as a FAQ database and support forums. The available content is continuously enhanced by feedback from the OpenEMM user community!
There are a lot of reasons why you should choose OpenEMM as your software for sending, managing and tracking e-mailings, e-mail newsletters and transaction mails.
- It is – opposed to Outlook & Co. – a software suitable for sending and tracking mass mailings
- The tool can also be used to send out single event- or date-based e-mails and service mails
- The software is free of charge and open source
- OpenEMM has had > 500,000 downloads so far
- It offers a modern web-based graphical user interface
- User interface is available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese
- The tool offers powerful features for targeting
- The software provides realtime statistics with bar charts for quick comprehension
- OpenEMM comes with a content management extension to manage HTML mail templates, module types and HTML content modules (including thumbnails and previews)
- It offers wizards for important tasks like data import, mailing creation and data export
- The tool has no limits for the number of subscribers, mailing lists and emails to send
- OpenEMM offers lots of interfaces to connect with 3rd party systems (HTTP request endpoints, webservices, time-driven automated import/export)
- The software is very well documented (install & admin guide, user manual, context-sensitive online help)
- It is provided with free support via this website (FAQ, forums)
- OpenEMM can be customized via plugins for your individual needs (GUI customizing via CSS)
- It offers all the features you would expect from a state-of-the-art e-mail marketing software
- The software is available for Windows and Linux
- The tool relies on a proven open source software stack
- OpenEMM can be operated on a cheap Linux server
- It is based on a proven commercial software product, used to send out billions of e-mails/year
- On request commercial services are available from the original developers